About the International Basketball Foundation (IBF)
The International Basketball Foundation (IBF) was founded in 2008 by FIBA, the International Basketball Federation. The IBF is the educational arm of FIBA that addresses the role of sports and particularly basketball in society, preserving and promoting basketball’s values and its cultural heritage.
Its main areas of activities will be educational programmes for administrators, the management of FIBA’s archives, the establishment, housing and promotion of basketball's history and memorabilia and the FIBA Hall of Fame.
The realisation and management of FIBA's new global headquarters will be a special priority.
The IBF will be active in fundraising, and attracting and establishing a pool of donators.
The IBF’s mission statement is
- to promote, organise, manage, support and develop all sporting, cultural, educational and social activities for the benefit of basketball in cooperation with FIBA;
- to support social and humanitarian development programmes through basketball;
- to make available to institutions or organizations active in the field of basketball any infrastructure liable to assist them in their activities;
- to provide assistance, particularly of a financial nature, for these activities;
- to secure the resources necessary to achieve these aims.
The objective of the IBF shall, at all times, be purely of public interest and it does not seek to generate profits. The IBF has its seat in Lausanne, Switzerland and conducts its activities in Switzerland and the rest of the world in cooperation with the National Federations and zones of FIBA.
For downloads of our regulations and byelaws please go here