With specialised technological and professional support, the accreditation area will carry out the following tasks:
- Assisting with the production, printing and distribution of accreditations of all staff involved in the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, and solving any issues that may occur in relation to them.
- Providing support to the issuance of other special accreditations (vehicles, day passes, VIPs and other groups, etc.)
- Handing out the accreditations.
- Good level of computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, etc…)
- High level of written and spoken English.
- Perform all tasks quickly and accurately.
INFORMATION DESKS Top
All information regarding the 2014 WC will be collected and distributing at specific Information Desks.
- Collecting and distributing all information for teams, organisers and other participants around different places (official hotels, airports, venues, etc.): competition schedules, transportation, official events, etc.
- Providing information on the venues (maps, plans, etc.) and general information about the city (tourist information, etc.).
- Helping guests to solve potential problems.
- Continuous update of information on transportation.
- Computer and languages skills are required.
- Fluent knowledge of English and other languages.
- Good knowledge of the city and the competition venues.
- Comfort and ease facing the public.
- Natural capacity for empathy and kindness.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) Top
In the IT area, assistance, support and maintenance tasks for voice and data systems will be conducted. Volunteers will work with professionals in wired and wireless network service and maintenance, including printing and photocopying systems, desktop computers and laptops.
- Assisting with the support of computer and telecommunications systems.
- Assisting with the maintenance and distribution of communication equipment (handheld transceivers, cellular phones, tablets, etc.).
- Assisting with the installation and collection of technological equipment.
- Providing support to the different users of IT services.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the different printing devices.
- Editing and work with video and image files (conversion, server distribution, etc.).
- Good IT skills (software installation, connection troubleshooting, etc.), sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Experience with servers.
- Knowledge and management of general software, and video and photo editing.
The media area will provide support to accredited journalists and the media in general. Usual tasks of daily operation will be carried out: press monitoring for data collection, preparation of dossiers, dissemination of results and other information, and notices of interest.
- Assisting in responding to the needs of the media, providing all the information they need.
- Assisting the media covering the event, giving them information on the results, statistics, press releases and images.
- Accommodating the media in the areas provided.
- Assisting with the organization and setup of conferences and press conferences.
- Providing support to the reprography area.
- Disseminating the results and other information in the press box.
- Assisting with the coverage of athletes’ statements in the mixed zone upon completion of their matches and after training sessions.
- Interpretation service for press conferences.
- Maintenance of the press room.
- Assisting with the management of official social media platforms.
- In some functions, fluent English knowledge will be required and other languages will be valued.
- A connection with Communication Sciences and/or Journalism will be valued.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
PROTOCOL AND VIP SERVICES Top
The protocol and VIP service area will assist VIP guests and meet their needs. Assistance will be provided for organizing and developing all operational protocol of ceremonies, social events and competitions.
- Assisting with the management of invitations (mailing, confirmation of attendance, attendance lists, etc.).
- Assisting with the service, assistance, accompanying, transportation and information of VIPs and officials attending the events, at airports, hotels and facilities.
- Access control and accommodation in VIP lounges.
- Providing support in different areas of the VIP zones.
- Distribution of promotional materials among guests.
- Assisting with the setup and organization of meetings, receptions and other social activities.
- Assisting with the award ceremonies, as well as in locating the winning athletes, and with the organization and control of trophies and medals.
- High level of English.
- Good knowledge of the city and the environment will be valued.
- Knowledge of and connection with protocol and basketball, as well as dynamisation and event organization skills will be valued.
- Proper presence and discretion.
The transportation area will answer all mobility needs of the organization: arrivals and departures of teams and guests, transportation to training and competition sites as well as local transportation information.
- Assistance at airports, train stations, hotels and official competition facilities to coordinate the necessary transport.
- Informing the different groups (teams, media, VIPs) on services and transportation schedules, at welcome desks at airports, train stations, hotels, etc.
- Assisting with the reception, accompanying, information and transfer of attendants in their arrivals and departures.
- Updating of schedules and coordination with the transportation area and the information points.
- Punctuality and kindness is required.
- High level of English.
- Working knowledge of other languages will be valued.
TEAM ATTACHES Top
Attachés will be responsible for providing, managing, solving and meeting all the needs and demands of participating teams.
- Helping teams in their organisational and logistic tasks throughout the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
- Constant presence with the team.
- Providing support to the Team Manager and Head of Delegation.
- Providing teams with all information they need.
- Solving specific problems.
- Acting as liaison between the teams and the organisation.
- High level of English and working knowledge of the team's language.
- Mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
- Good organisational skills and ability to solve problems.
- Availability and presence throughout the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup (24 hours/day).
- Good knowledge of the competition venues: city, sports facilities, accommodation, resources, etc.
- Proven knowledge of basketball.
- Capacity for empathy, assertiveness and communication.
- Efficiency, resolution and speed.
HEALTHCARE SERVICES Top
Volunteers for healthcare services will collaborate with professionals in different working areas: doping control procedures, evacuation and emergencies, and medical care in competition.
- Assisting medical staff.
- Assisting with the provision of healthcare to participants and visitors, both at hotels and venues, including training sites.
- Guiding and informing participants about the areas and medical resources available.
- Accompanying the players selected for doping control procedure as escorts, under the supervision of the responsible person.
- Administrative and logistics management of health care posts.
- Medical knowledge and/or some degree in the health area (medicine, nursing, physiotherapy, first aid, etc.).
- Specific knowledge of English in medicine-health.
The logistics area is responsible for storage and distribution of all equipment and materials of the organisation, according to the protocols and operating procedures established.
- Assisting with the distribution, control and delivery of materials from storage areas, and keeping them tidy.
- Receiving and processing applications.
- Providing support at the venues.
- Good organisational skills and speed.
- Knowledge of logistics.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION Top
The marketing and promotion area will cover all activities related to promotion, communication and assistance to sponsors in special events.
- Assisting sponsors in the implementation of promotional activities.
- Assisting with promotional events leading up to the FIBA Basketball World Cup.
- Providing support for the organisation of planned social, cultural and promotional activities.
- Coordination of activities in the fan zones.
- Entertainment actions for the fans.
- Placement and distribution of advertising elements.
- Placement of functional signage and decoration of scenarios and competition facilities.
- Good organisational skills.
- Confidence and ease in public speaking, basketball knowledge, and experience in entertainment actions for fans and the general public.
- Flexibility to move between different competition sites.
- Manual skills.
Volunteers for the competition area will support the needs for sports practice at official facilities and training venues.
- Assisting athletes, coaches and referees.
- Assisting the competition Director and the sports organisation team.
- Preparation of the court and dressing rooms for training and matches.
- Cleaning and set-up of the benches after each game and preparation of the court.
- Providing the necessary elements for the smooth running of the competition (towels, balls, water, ice, etc.).
- Providing balls to players during warm-up, games and game breaks.
- Maintaining a clean and dry court.
- Review of the court during time-outs and breaks in play, in order to keep it in good condition.
- Assisting and helping players and coaching staff to their seats in the competition areas and warm-up zones.
- Knowledge of basketball will be highly valued.
- Dynamism and speed.
- Prudence and discretion.
ACCESS CONTROL Top
This area will be responsible for ensuring, in a determined and safe way, the access control and accommodation of visitors, guests, athletes and staff in general accessing the facilities and areas of the various competition venues with their ticket or accreditation.
- Assisting in controlling and helping the attendants to their seats, at the stadiums and their entrances.
- Checking credentials and passes.
- Facilitating the movement and accommodation of attendants.
- Guiding and informing the public at the competition venues and surrounding areas on the specific location of their seats, and public services and spaces available (information, toilets, bars, medical services, etc...).
- Assisting the security services of the facilities.
- Indicating and facilitating evacuation of the stands in an emergency.
- Providing support in controlling access to the different areas of the venue.
- Providing support for parking control.
- Patience and determination.
- Speaking English and other languages will be valued.
- Good knowledge of the facilities and documents (accreditations, passes and tickets) giving access to the different areas.
- Experience in risk and emergency management.
VOLUNTEER SERVICE OFFICE Top
This area will be specifically dedicated to addressing the needs of the volunteers, their motivation and all actions aimed at improving the recognition of voluntary action.
- Providing support to the heads of the various functional areas.
- The necessary tasks for the proper organization of the event will be developed.
- Assisting the volunteers, and distributing uniforms and materials, supplies, transportation, information, etc.
- Facilitation of recreational or motivational spaces for volunteers.
- Development of activities to promote a sense of belonging to the group.
- Maintaining a forum for volunteers on the official event website.
- Constant and customised assistance for volunteer inquiries through email, phone and in person.
- Management of rest time and meeting areas for volunteers.
- Knowledge of languages will be valued.
- Availability for incorporation prior to the competition.
- Experience of participation in volunteering programs.
SPORT PRESENTATION AND ENTERTAINMENT Top
Area exclusively dedicated to all activities and events taking place within the venue that are related to the game itself, setting up the stage action of the show and the entertainment offered for the public.
- Work together to support the person responsible for the Competition area.
- Assist teams during their presentation before each game.
- Support the entertainment staff.
- Assist with the involvement of spectators during entertainment performances.
- Follow and assist the MC/Speaker during all promotional actions.
- Assist with gift deliveries/coordinated delivery of gifts to the public with the artists.
- Support during the opening and closing ceremonies.
- Strong organisational skills and fast problem solving.
To apply in order to join the team of volunteers that will help in the preparation and delivery of 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, we ask you to fill in the registration form found here.